Looking for someone with Apple Metal experience. BID ONLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE.
This whole project is about getting some example data loaded into some Swift data structures, passing the data in those data structures into Metal buffers and displaying those objects.
Basic steps are:
1. Create a cube and a icosahedron with:
let mdlMesh = [login to view URL](icosahedronWithExtent: [0.75, 0.75, 0.75], inwardNormals: false, geometryType: [login to view URL], allocator: allocator)
let mdlMesh2 = [login to view URL](boxWithExtent: [0.75, 0.75, 0.75], segments: [1, 1, 1], inwardNormals: false, geometryType: .triangles, allocator: allocator)
2. Transfer the data from the submeshes of these 2 objects into 2 ParticleDetail objects stored in an array in Swift.
3. Create an array of 100 or so Particle objects also in an array.
4. Transfer the contents of the arrays in steps 2 and 3 to buffers in Metal.
5. Draw the Particles in step 3 in metal.
6. Draw the Particles in step 3 using procedural generation.
This doesn't need to be fancy. Can be done in a Playground. Reiterating the first paragraph this is about getting the data out of the MDLMesh objects, getting it into some swift arrays, getting those swift arrays into Metal and drawing some basic shapes.