We are a web design and development company located in the USA. Our company was established in 2005. We do big advertising, and attract many potential clients, so this is a great opportunity for the right person.
We are currently looking for a good programmer which can provide us with a robust e-commerce system. The programmer must have the knowledge to do customizations on the completed e-commerce solution when necessary. We have our own designer which will do the basic mock-up and HTML, the programmer will then need to integrate the design and add on designing where necessary for the ecommerce programming. Added design details must match the theme and attention must be placed on keeping the original design created by our designer.
Work must be completed fast, with the possibility to have the site live within 6 week when there is no need for major customizations.
We need excellent communication; we must get constant updates on the status of projects.
When placing a bid, make sure to include in the PM a link where we can view a demo admin and demo front-end. Do not bid if you can’t show us a demo admin and front-end.
Prices must be low, so that we should be able to earn a profit from average today’s’ customers who do not want to spend a fortune but want a robust system
I am listing below features which must be included in the e-commerce system: (Do not place a bid if you do not have the features listed below).
1) Must be able to have unlimited number of products on the site.
2) Discounts and Coupons – a) Run sales on products b) Create coupons. Must be able to set the effective date range. Needs to have a dollar amount discount or percentage amount discount and/or free shipping
3) SEO Friendly URLs – the urls should have product names / category names (and not ID numbers etc.)
4) Email list capture- visitors should be able to enter their email address to sign up for newsletters etc.
5) [url removed, login to view] integration
6) Mini shopping cart – shopping cart details should be displayed on the top of every page showing total of products and total dollar amount in shopping cart. The mini shopping cart should also have a checkout button.
7) Add-ons – Enables to configure products with a drop-down menu. The drop downs allow customers to choose preferences such as color, size and it should also be able to add and additional fee for specific choices in the drop down (for example, size large + $[url removed, login to view]). This feature will not need to change SKU or change the main price of the product.
8) Reports – Should be able to generate reports at any given time via the admin. Should be able to get instant information on any date rang for the number of customers and orders, number of items sold, most popular departments, most popular items, largest and average orders, total shipping and surcharges, active shopping carts, searches performed on the website. The more reports able to generate, the better.
9) Dynamic UPS / FedEx / USPS rates – The website should automatically calculate shipping fees for UPS and FedEx for domestic shipping and USPS for domestic and international shipping. In addition, shipping and handling fees should be able to be added to the base shipping price via the admin.
10) Order tracking in “My Account” - Customers should be able to login to their account and track their orders in real time reporting from the shipping company (UPS / FedEx / USPS.)
11) Google Analytics should be installed for each site, with tracking code installed on each page. Ecommerce tracking should be installed.
12) Manage Meta Data for search engines – The system should have default Meta tags for each page of the site. In addition, Meta tags should be possible to be edited for all pages of the site.
13) Manage tax rates – Choose to manage tax rates by state.
14) Automatic emails – Customers should automatically receive emails when the order is placed. Then when the order is marked in the admin as shipped the customer should receive an email that the order was shipped and it should include the order number.
15) Informational pages - (static pages such as About us, Contact us etc.) should be able to be modified via the admin via CMS.
All these features must be in the basic package. The features I will be listing from #14 and up should be for the “Pro Package”.
16) Online Gift Certificates – Customers can purchase online gift certificates which are automatically delivered to the recipient by email. The gift certificate should be redeemable during checkout as a form of payment. It should also be able to pay additional with credit card if the order total exceeds the gift certificate balance.
17) Product options – This allows listing products which split into different SKUs and base prices. Products should be displayed with a general title and picture, and then each option product should be able to have its own picture as well.
18) A wordpress blog should be possible to be added to the website with the website template.
19) Custom fields – Should be possible to add custom fields to categories/products via the admin. When custom fields are added it should show up in the front end the option of refine search.
20) Dynamic home page – home page should have multiple zones such as featured products, new items etc. It should be possible to select in the admin which products should be pulled from the database into these zones.
21) Search suggest – When a visitor starts typing in the search box, it should instantly display matching product names as the customer begins typing. This helps customers find what they are looking fast and it helps avoid spelling mistakes.
22) Virtual departments – This is a forwarding function that allows merchants to create a category name for during a seasonal period and it forwards visitors to the existing section of the website. For example, Christmas products are on the website all year round, but during the holiday season the merchant can create a virtual Holiday Department and when this department is clicked the visitor is directed to the Christmas section.
23) Drop-down navigation – when rolling over the top level department links, the sub-departments will drop down fro easy access. (This should be besides the department page that opens when the top level is clicked.)
24) Filter–based navigation – (As mentioned in #17 there should be a possibility for custom fields. This will allow having a filter based navigation.) Instead of having to scroll through many categories and departments, the visitor can select through multiple checkboxes which products should be displayed. Such as by color, brand, style, features etc. This allows customers to find what they need fast
25) Multiple recipients – When sending gifts, the customer can purchase many gifts and then with one order select multiple addresses, selecting which product/s should be shipped to what address.
26) Mass product updater- One ore multiple products should be able to be exported to an excel file where products can be modified with prices or other information and then re-uploaded to the website.
27) Local pick-up – This is great for stores which want to allow customers to stop by and pick up their order. The customer can choose to receive a text message to their cell phone when the order is ready for pickup.)