This project is to create a Windows program that will:
Search for, and download “Safety Data Sheets” while searching Google on exact dates, and entering the search results into a spreadsheet.
The program will be searching the individual dates that are set into the GUI
** Your bid price is for the completed program **
How the software should work:
To show the most search results on a page, click on “Settings” on the Google search page.
1. For Google Instant predictions, select “Never show instant results”
2. Results per page, change to 100
3. Private results, change to “Do not use private results”
4. Click Save.
1. Go to: [login to view URL]
- the exact word or phrase: “safety data sheet”
- language: “English”
- Region: “United States”
- last update: “past 24 hours”
- terms appearing “anywhere in the page”
safesearch “show most relevant results”
file type “Adobe Acrobat PDF
usage rights “not filtered by license”
2. Click Advanced Search
3. Change the “Past 24 hours” and change to “Custom Range”
4. Start on April 1st, 2015 to April 1st 2015
5. On the last page of your search results, Google may ask if you wish to display similar search results, and you should indicate that you do want the similar search results.
This creates a search URL of:
[login to view URL]"safety+data+sheet"+filetype:pdf&num=100&cr=countryUS&tbs=ctr:countryUS,cdr:1,cd_min:4/1/2015,cd_max:4/1/2015&filter=0&biw=1536&bih=721
Underneath the Google search bar, it will show the date that you are searching. You may only search one date at a time.
Saving the file and recording the document in an excel spreadsheet:
1. Click on the document to open in a new tab, and then save that document with the date plus it’s original file name. For example, if you are searching April 1st, 2015, and the document file name you are saving is “64-BETCO [login to view URL]”, then you will save the document as “4-1-15 64-BETCO [login to view URL]”.
2. You will record each file that you save in a spreadsheet as follows:
Date, file name, File web address, MSDS/SDS, or Non-MSDS/SDS.
The “date” is the date that you searched
The “file name” is the name of the file that you saved
The “file web address” is the web address that shows up in the URL bar on your web browser when you are viewing the MSDS/SDS document.
The “MSDS” field indicates the document is an MSDS or SDS
The “Non-MSDS field indicates the document is NOT an MSDS or SDS
You will save each document in either an MSDS/SDS folder or Non-MSDS/SDS folder inside a folder for each date.
If you are searching April 1st, 2015, you will put all documents for that day into a folder called 4-1-2015. Inside that folder, will be two folders; MSDS/SDS and Non MSDS/SDS where you will put the MSDS/SDS or the Non MSDS/SDS documents.
Google will toss up a CAPTCHA screen every once in a while, so we need a way to handle this.
** Your bid must include the following to be considered, so we know that you understand the requirements of this project:
1. The files found for April 1st, 2015, in a zip file
2. The spreadsheet filled out for April 1st, 2016
THE PRICE YOU BID WILL BE THE ACCEPTED PRICE. NO PRICE INCREASES WILL BE ALLOWED OR CONSIDERED.
Compliance Publishing has completed over 80 projects on Freelancer
All funds will be kept in an escrow account.
29 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
hello! i'm ready to complete this task for you and provide a windows desktop application + source codes, i have a big experience in web automation area. let me know if you're interested. thanks.