We need to develop software to count the picks/crosses per inch (PPI) on a braided tube.
A camera is used to take a magnified image of the braid which we want to appear on the software. Using the software, we want an operator to calibrate the length using a known measurement on the image and with two clicks of the mouse (this will be 'once off' calibration, daily or weekly).
Then the operator will select a number (eg 10) of picks/crosses manually using the cursor (see red points on image). The software should record each click as a number, counting the selected points, and then calculate the number of picks per inch by simple math.
1. Once off calibration, entering distance to calibrate to (see image, known distance used to calibrate).
2. Entering the number of points of choose (5-20).
1. Click/Pick Counter as user selects picks.
2. Number of picks selected by user over distance, (eg 10 picks over 0.25").
3. Calculated number of picks per inch (40 picks per inch).
7 freelancers are bidding on average €607 for this job
Hi, I am Computer Scientist and have a very good understanding of Image Processing. I have seen your requirements about the picks count and I am confident to formulate your task. Inbox me for more discussion :)