I am an industrial software engineer with little Phython experience. I am looking to pick up Python programming partly as a hobby, partly to ease parts of my job. I would like to get a good foundation for my projects, this is where you come in. Ideally you are an experienced Python programmer and can help me create an architecture I can develop further.
Attached some code I have written, an input and the corresponding output file. I have many similar input .fhx files, all respect the same structure and I would like to extract various data from them. The code works and I am happy with its functionality. I would like you to review my code and provide suggestions for improving it. Where you have a particular suggestion and is easy to do so, please provide snippets of code which would achieve the same functionality but would offer some advantage.
In other cases, just provide a textual description on what you would do. Below the comments I would like to get.
1. General comments on ease of maintenance and further development
2. Naming convention, PEP8, coding style - what should I improve?
3. Possibilities to improve performance (I am not looking for very optimized performance, readability and maintainability come first)
4. Use of classes and inheritance ModuleClass, ModuleInstance, ModuleNonClass, FhxObject - how to best use object-oriented approach.
5. Regular expressions - how to better use them for my purposes?
6. Should I use the pandas library?
7. Would it be better to just convert the input file to xml and work with xml?
8. If so, which library would you recommend to work with the xml file to produce similar results?
12 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi, I am a certified Python programmer with 3+ years of full time work experience. I can surely help reviewing your code. Please let me know your thoughts on this. Best Regards Suvigya Jain