We are currently building a marketplace for photographers to sell their art.
In time they will be able to upload their photos directly through the web portal, but for now we're looking to implement a batch import solution.
The goal of this project is to facilitate the import via an excel file.
There is a preliminary step for the import, and then five functional steps :
0) The excel file is placed in a new, empty folder
1) The user clicks on step n°1 button: it creates a 'photos' folder next to the excel file
2) The photographer copies/pastes his files in the generated photo folder
3) The photographer clicks on step n°3 button: the photo folder is scanned
4) The photographer fills in metadata
5) The photographer clicks on step n°5 button: a zip archive is created.
Step n°1: simple directory creation. That's it.
Step n°2: no code whatsoever, photo files are copied into the directory
Step n°3: the scanning process is the most important one. It's where most of the VB code resides. Its job is to:
- scan a specific folder looking for photo files,
- extract size and resolution metadata
- filter out the photos that don't qualify (low res, wrong ratio)
- generate a table in excel, listing all the photos
- generate thumbnails for each photo, and position them at the right place in the table
The photographer would then fill in some metadata : tags, categories...
Some columns to be filled should have data validation, based on the other data tabs of the excel file.
It's quite straightforward:
- DATA-Categories tab lists all the categories
- when the user fills in a category, it should belong to the list within DATA-Categories tab
=> please see provided excel file, the validation is already in place for all columns
The last part of the project is a button that when clicked, would create a zip archive containing:
- the entire photo folder
- the filled excel file
Attached is a template for this excel file, one empty (before scan), one generated (after scan), and one filled (after the photographer's metadata input).
PLEASE IGNORE the text displayed when clicking the buttons, those are obsolete instructions.
11 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hello, we are a team of software developers with years of experience we can provide the solutions and give the exact output according to your requirement.
How are you i can help you. i am excel expert. also i am typing expert and my typing is very correct. if you give me your projeact, i will help you. and i will finish within short time.