Hi there -
So this is fairly in depth...please read fully and DO NOT BID without fully understanding this project.
- There's a platform called Lucee (please visit [login to view URL] if you're unfamiliar) that is written in Java that will essentially take CFML (Coldfusion, if you remember/are familiar with that language) and render it via Java Tomcat as the interface (I believe, I know very little about the functions Lucee does). This is an open source Java project.
- Docker versions as well as express versions of this platform, Lucee, already exist.
- I need to get CFML (coldfusion) code to the point where it can render inside of AWS Lambda. Obviously AWS Lambda does not support CFML as a language, but it does support Java as a language. My objective here is to take the Lucee Java platform, have someone convert it to the point that its executable via Lambda, so it can render on the fly CFML code that is packaged up with the Lucee instance.
- Challenges: Lucee unpacked is about 75mb, Lambda allows only 50mb of deployment size as a whole, and the CFML still has to be packaged up with it. That said, zipped (which is allowed) is 43mb, which Lambda supposedly allows, but this will be something you'll need to test.
- Secondly, this sits on a tomcat platform. I don't know if tomcat can be rendered inside of Lambda. But there may be a way for you to extract the core functions from Lucee and bypass tomcat altogether as I'm guessing having tomcat in the middle of this is unnecessary.
Final thing, there is a TON of functionality baked into this platform that we dont need at all. So as you work on this, you can probably pull out a lot of the functionality to make this much smaller for quick deployment in Lambda. My LONG term goal is that we can use an xml file to define which functions we want, have it auto build a version for Lambda's deployment for us, and zip up with the code.
Please make sure you read this in its entirety and understand the project. IF you can get this to work, I will have a lot of extra work for you and the project is worth quite a bit of money. But I will not pay for a project that doesn't function, so please make sure you're confident this will work.
One other thing, you'll be required to give me an hourly rate for ongoing support upfront for when the project is done. So please submit that as well in the comments of your bid. Thanks for your time!
27 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi there Nice to meet you. I read your proposal and understood your idea. I am a senior web developer. So I can help you perfectly. I'd like to work with you. Let's discuss more details. Best regards...
Hello client I cam make Tomcat that could be rendered in Lambda service Please initiate chat so that we can have a detailed conversation Regards BIngbing