We are looking to automate web tasks using a powerful combination of software engineering and state of the art Machine Learning Techniques, commonly referred to as Artificial Intelligence or A.I. We currently have three experts (PhD level) in Artificial Intelligence and we are now looking for a very good to exceptional Full Stack Developer/Software Engineer.
The Full Stack Developer/Software Engineer must be:
- very proficient in web crawling and scraping, this is extremely desirable
- very proficient in writing automation scripts, this is a desirable skill but not essential as what we are trying to do is extremely new
- proficient with scripting languages such as OpenScript, maybe Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS) and usage of proxy server interfaces (namely to record network traffic including URL’s and data transmitted between the user’s browser and other browsers)
- able to develop a CV builder and search/filtering engine capacities, as this is desirable but not essential
- good, clean, elegant U.I. design skill is desirable but not essential
- must be very confident, and able to think on his/her feet, and come up with novel solutions to hard software engineering problems.
The salary is not high but for the very competent software engineer, you will be part from the start of a potentially high growth disruptive technology startup with high caliber staff. You will also learn from and certainly apply frontier research in Artificial Intelligence with the staff, so if you're looking to find out what the big deal is about Artificial Intelligence and how Google, Facebook, Amazon, Apple, etc go about implementing A.I. , boost your CV and core skills inclusive of some solid understanding of the mathematics underpinning A.I. to complement your superb programming skills and make you even more versatile, and down the line make some big bucks from such frontier research technology (or simply effect that transition to Silicon Valley you have been dreaming about) then you are knocking on the right door.
Ideally you will be based in Glasgow or thereabouts and willing to work remotely mostly. Regular meetups with the staff will be required so if further afield, be willing to entertain regular video conferencing.
So hit APPLY if you believe you are the right guy for us.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £1,500.00 /month