I would like to get a google chrome extension I could charge for on the google chrome web store. The extension would be for [url removed, login to view] users.
Purpose: make card modifications history available by adding a button on each card detail screen. The button takes the user to a new tab where the extension mimics the presentation of the card, while showing on the left hand side the information that changed, the user who changes it and the timestamp (local to the user), and on the right hand side showing controls to go from one edit to the other in a timeline fashion (comparable to time machine on mac os). As the user interact with the controls, the display mimicking the card updates itself to reflect what the card looked like in Trello at the time and the left hand side information (what, who, when about the change) updates too.
- button on the trello card to call the new tab where the extension displays the historical information about the card.
- Card display mimicking how the card looked like in Trello at the specific time
- left hand side information section
- right hand side controls section
Card data changes (add/update/delete) tracked (all of them):
- Card title
- Card description
- Card labels
- Card due date
- Card due date completion checkbox
- Card members
- Card movement (changing board or changing list)
- Card checklists (new, updated, deleted, order)
- Card checklist item (new, updated, deleted, checked/unchecked, order)
- Card attachments (new, deleted)
- Card archived / returned to the board
Free version: a free version of the plugin must have the same features, but only let the user compare the card between 2 timestamps: now and 24hrs after the card was created. Next to the controls, the free version shows a link to pay for the full version.
Card data changes tracked also need to include card comments. (Original project description did not mention it because it felt as an obvious requirement and was forgotten from the list)
Alternate to the free / paid versions could be a fully featured free version using ads as a banner add on new tab next to controls (using a partner like adsverge.com)