The goal of this project is to create a working process that uses the following methods:
For the purpose of this project please assume that the basic infrastructure is available, i.e - username with the proper permissions exist, the remote operating system is properly configured to access WMI/Powershell sessions, etc.
to achieve the following:
- The process must be able to remotely connect to the following operating systems:
- Windows XP
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- The author must supply a working example for each of the operating systems mentioned above for both WMI and Powershell.
- The process must be able to, but not limited to:
- Load and run commands (i.e - powershell scripts) on a remote host
- Obtain data presented from executing a command (i.e - "dir c:\") on a remote host
- Obtain data stored in registery keys on a remote host
- Obtain values via WMI on a remote host
- The process must differentiate between working in a domain or workgroup
- The process must keep a log of successful and unsuccessful events
- The process must have a MySQL hook that allows it to load a host list to process
- The process must have a MySQL hook that allows it to insert minned data directly to the DB
- The process must have the ability to multi-thread (numbers of threads should be customizable) in case more than 1 remote host is given to it
- The process must be written in C++
Code should be written in a simple and understanable fashion, including code comments and should match the industry standards.
The author must be responsible for presenting bug and error support based on the requirements shows in this document with no further funding for a duration of time no shorter than 6 months.