Until recently, we ran Paradox DB vers 7, on WIN XP and utilised a bespoke DB which was especially written for us.
We upgraded to WIn 7 and Version 11 of Paradox.
All was working well and as normal until we decided to enter new records into the DB. When we enter new records, instead of finding the next available record number from a table we use [of integers, we don't use autoincrement] it reverts to record 1, but SHOULD be using the next available record number [15xxx].
We need somebody who can rectify this situation; it is clearly something afoot in the new version of Paradox which is allowing all else to work normally but has lost the ability to set the next available number.
Please advise your past experience of working with Paradox.