I have a new Magento installation on a US based server that is running well. I installed a template that my client purchased and am currently working on graphical changes to the template for the client (my next hire project will likely be to implement the graphical changes)
This is a sports products site for all major US sports. The client is setup with a supplier to ship all the products for him, and has an excel file of the supplier's inventory and that is what needs to be imported. Believe it or not, it is 26,000 products.
So, here are what needs to be known:
- Top level categories are sports (NFL, NBA...) and are in the system already
- 2nd level categories are teams and are in the system already
- From there we'll want to use attributes to further divide the products (shirts, hats, balls, cards, etc) these are in the system
- Products will need to belong to 2 categories - the sport and team category. So, adding 2 categories to the appropriate field for import is important. I can get one category to import but haven't found anything on the web about how to specify 2 categories in that field correctly.
- Obviously the products will need to be parsed via searching and filtering in Excel to be able to put the right data in the right category and attribute fields. This is why I'd like someone with some familiarity with US sports.
- Not sure how to deal with images yet- all the images live on the supplier's server and we are allowed to link to them, but they are in folders and I think Magento only allows local image URLs as images. So this may be a case of me downloading all those images, getting them into a single folder and uploading to the host. However the image names are in the export file.
Since the export file from Magento and the Excel file from the distributor don't match, obviously some manipulation needs to happen on the file before import. Also I am guessing that the import will need to be broken up into something like 5 imports so Magento has an easier time with the number of products.
12 freelancers are bidding on average $629 for this job
I have done through your requirements. I think, we are the service provider who can provide you the best solutions. For more information, look at next PMB. Thanks Ankur