Appointment of a service provider to professionally design a SharePoint intranet
and provide a ticket logging system.
Background to the request
Email is the main communication method within the organisation, including communication regarding requesting input when it comes to policy amendments. The same policies are printed and filled using the traditional method, which at some time it has shown to be a bit challenging for the employees to refer to and for the auditing purpose. The intranet will help enable the user department to upload all their documents and make them easily accessible for referral at any given time.
The organisation is currently using a paper-based system to log and report IT-related faults, which is also a challenge for some people, whereas some are not even adhering to this system as it is deemed to be tedious. The paper-based system also makes it difficult to analyse and follow up on unresolved logged tickets.
The intranet will play a very integral part in documenting the memories, and the journey of the organisation as the information will be on the system with all the original and the amendment that could have been made. All the organisational communication and document will be posted, and it will be easy to refer to everyone at their own time.
The system will be a web-based type of system which will allow a user to be able to log any IT fault with ease and be able to track the progress of the fault. The system will make it easy to generate stats of the type of ticket dominating and help prioritise and plan.
Intranet Component Minimum Specification
Intranet • The Service provider to develop an intranet.
• The intranet will be hosted on our CGE’s azure platform
• The intranet must be compatible with future existing systems
and adaptable to future improvements.
• Provide an efficient communication channel both to and
between employees at head office and provinces o
• An Intranet that is SharePoint based, sufficiently reliable,
accessible at all times, flexible and cost-effective.
• Centralisation/integration of system through corporate
• The intranet can be developed using any programming language that is compatible with share point and should be
scalable for future technological development.
• Upgradable intranet, which is not platform-dependent.
• To put security measures that will ensure that the intranet is
• To ensure that information is kept secured and no
unauthorised access to the electronic documents or files
within the intranet.
• Hand over and training
• The service provider will be contracted for 24 months for
maintenance, repair, and provide technical support as and
Ticketing system Component Minimum Specification
Ticketing System • Dashboard Report
• Ticket filtering
• Configurable Help Topics
• Customer Support Portal
• Service Level Agreements
• Agent authentication
• Agent Collision Avoidance
• Assign, Transfer, & Referral
• Thread Action
• Advanced Search
Category Criteria Weight
1 TECHNICAL COMPATIBILITY 35
2 IMPLEMENTATION PLAN AND TIME SCALES 5
3 BIDDER PROVIDED SIMILAR SERVICES BEFORE 10
4 THREE REFERENCE LETTERS 10