I need around 20 articles written on a variety of topics, everything from
Football Field Diagrams to Todays Food Network Schedule, suitable for directory submission written by a
professional who understands the basics of SEO. Articles must be
between 500 and 600 words in length and be targeted towards
keywords which I shall provide. I will expect one article per
Articles must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Be written in a grammatically correct and free-flowing style
according to US English.
2. Contain between 3.5 and 4.5% keyword density
3. Contain a title, 250 character abstract, and complete article
4. Article body must be at least 500 words in length and no more
than 650 words in length
5. Be submitted in .txt format
6. Be completely original, no plagiarism (I will check each
In accepting this contract, you are providing “work made for hire”.
In other words, the buyer (me) and only the buyer will own the
copyright and all rights to the work. You may not publish the
work in any way. Please do not apply unless you agree to this
Please include at least one sample piece with your bid which
represents the quality of work that I can expect for this project.
The MAXIMUM budget I can afford for this project is $2 per
Make sure you include the following items, no matter what kind of project you’re putting
1. The phrase, in quotes, “work made for hire”. Including this allows you to take
credit as the author. Not including this phrase means that the official writer has
recourse to publish their articles on their own. This is decidedly bad for
business, because if they post their work before you, then it’s you who’s stuck
with the copyright infringement, not them.
2. Include a request for a sample, especially indicating the request for a sample
similar in quality to the kind of quality. Without this, they can, hypothetically,
give you a sample of their $10 per article work, and then write poor articles for
3. The term “US English” for all of your articles. People use different slang terms
and different spellings in Britain, Australia and the Philippines. You want to
ensure that you get stuff that is readable, and understandable, by Americans. I
one time neglected to include this, and had a few articles that used metaphors
from the sport cricket. I had to edit these before I could publish them because
nobody in America understands cricket.
You can let them write on their own if you’d like, but you might get very generic articles.
Giving them the keywords to write about lets you give them some guidance on what to
write, and lets you avoid promotion all together. That's why it's so very, very important.