These proeject tasks provide an opportunity for you to demonstrate the competencies required to identify cyber security risks and design, plan and deploy cyber security solutions.
Your task, is to redesign the network security infrastructure for Spyon Technologies so that it meets the business requirements for the organisation, and to write a detailed proposal which you will submit to Spyon Technologies for consideration.
To complete this task, you will submit a final design proposal to Spyon Technologies which will include:
• a detailed list of business requirements that must be met by the network security design
• a complete and detailed discussion of the network security design proposal. This must include complete logical diagrams of the redesigned network and a discussion of the techniques and technologies used, e.g. Clustering, zones, policies, authentication, encryption, and VPN's
• details of how the network security design will meet all the business requirements
You will also need to:
• Prepare implementation plans
• Document the network design and present the documentation to the appropriate person for approval
• Present the design in a clear and logical fashion
• Provide advice to the client on reasons for your design choice.
The most important idea to keep in mind is that the goal of any proposal is to convince potential clients to award you their contracts.
The scenario and questions below will guide you through many of the things you will need to consider for your proposal. You need to answer the questions and then write your proposal.
You are employed by Spyon Technologies, a global business that manufactures weapons and military technology and equipment. You work in the cyber security division as a network engineer. Your role is to assist with the planning and implementation of security measures and general network infrastructure.
Spyon Technologies uses the following server technologies:
[login to view URL] servers for the company intranet and Web applications. This is accessed by remote workers.
[login to view URL] servers - Used by internal and external staff
[login to view URL] Communications servers
Much of Spyon Technologies business dealings involve top secret military projects with governments around the world. It is imperative that the details of these projects remain confidential. The following security measures are required:
1. The security perimeter must prevent all unauthorized access to company data.
2. All WAN links must be encrypted and secured.
3. All electronic communication within the company and with third parties must be encrypted and digitally signed.
4. Measures must be put in place to protect against DOS, DDOS, viruses, and all other cyber security threats.
5. The solution must be fault tolerant by eliminating single points of failure