Furniture Design Salesperson (commission based)
I have recently started building my business called Pattern Kitchen which I make artistic sofa designs. The sofas and chairs I make are completely usable for home decoration and they are one-off designs (there are only one of each design). I am looking for someone who will help me to sell these sofas would be sold in both offline and online. Good understanding of the British and European design / furniture / interior design market and sales skills are required.
Needs to be:
- Based in London and able to do this work in the long run. Be able to meet up in a cafe once every 1-2 weeks for updates.
- Can do this as a side job in the evenings and in the weekends. However sometimes, it may require you to go to galleries and exhibitions to network on a weekday for few hours.
- Be OK with the fact that this business has just started, it is a very niche market, some of the items may be quite different to mainstream market and may feel like it’s hard to sell (or rather find the right buyers)
- Happy to find me clients, galleries to work with, arranges commission based or on demand furniture design work. During this time, regularly I will relocate due to my other consultancy work, however I will always be producing this kind of furniture, so this person will be main point of contact in London.
This work is ideal for who:
- Has great communication skills, who can find clients, good networking skills (interior designers, galleries, online/offline platforms)
- Want to do it all by herself / himself and partner with me in long turn. I will be dealing with the creative side of things and the person will be doing the rest such as marketing, pricing, communication and follow-up
- Likes finding markets, updating online platforms, arranging shipping, updating website, speaking with upholsterers when necessary, finding new jobs.
- Can work 2 hours everyday after work at least or during the day when free. A babysitting mum or dad who likes interiors decoration might be suitable for example. The more committed the better for me of course :)
Commission Based Payment:
- Currently I have 6 finished chairs. An armchair costs around £ 2.5K. For each sale I am happy to give %20 commission, which will be around £ 500 per item. However I like to work with on a long term (2-3 years), and I would prefer this person to follow a non-aggressive marketing strategy to have retaining clients.
- I am also looking to create more chairs, it takes me 3-4 weeks to create one. If this person finds a client like a decoration of a hotel interior etc. the pay will increase accordingly.
- I am open to further discussions and ideas, but I would really like to meet in person and arrange interviews / meeting before.
Please let me know if you think suitable for this role and I will arrange an interview within this week. Thank you!