Here is a requirement:
Ruby API - Geolocation with external integration
Write a simple API backed by any kind of database. The application should be able to store geolocation data in the database, based on IP address or URL. You can use [login to view URL] as a service provider for geolocation data. The API should be able to add, delete or provide geolocation data on the base of ip address or URL.
- It should be a RESTful API
- Keep it mind that the geolocation module should be written in the way that in the future it should be easy to change the service provider.
- It is preferable that the API operates using JSON (for both input and output). Ideally it should follow JSON API standard.
- The solution should also include base specs/tests coverage. If you don’t have enough time, write complete specs for selected endpoint or module.
- As a bonus you can make all endpoints secure, not available to public.
How to submit:
- Create a public Git repository and share the link with us
- Pay special attention to handling errors and edge cases. We will test the behaviour of the system under various “unfortunate” conditions.
- We will run the application on our local machines for testing purposes. This implies that the solution should provide a quick and easy way to get the system up and running, including test data (hint: you can add Docker support so we can run it easily)
6 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin $129 tähän työhön
Hello dear, Can we more discuss this in a chat? I have 5+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails and React. I can easily complete your task. I hope I get a positive response from your side. Thanks