The purpose is to import csv files that contains keywords position benchmark made on several search engines. The benchmark will contain the following data:
keyword, search engine, benchmark date, client_site_url, position, Search_engine_result_page.
The benchmark will be generated by another tool as CSV file.
The project is about building an extranet with the following requirements :
1) Admin section for creating user and sites associated to a user
2) Admin section for adding competitors websites url to a client.
3) Admin section for importing data
4) Admin section for deleting previous imported data
5) Admin section to manually add pageRank, number of indexed pages for a website.
6) Client section to view imported data as chart and boards
7) Client section to switch between several sites of a given client
8) A client can only see result for his websites.
We need to be able to view the result for a given date and the trend between several dates.
The trends should give us the number of keywords with result in time. The number of keywords between position 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 et 41+
There are about 15 pages for the web sites. It needs to be coded in Ruby on rails 2.1.1. The database will be mysql and the OS linux.
We're expecting the code, all the test written in rspec, cucumber is a plus, as well as the capistrano file for deployment.