We are looking for bright and reliable staff to collect company and product data for our database.
Our website ENF Solar - [login to view URL] has a huge amount of free company and product information to help renewable energy companies – and it gets over 2 million users each year benefiting from this great free information. Our website is 15 years old, and we would love to find some smart and stable staff who can help keep our data quality as the best in the world. We have also recently launched a recycling industry website - [login to view URL]
As you can see we are focused on those areas that can help our planet – and because we publish so much information for free it really does help these vital industries.
The core work we have is keeping our company and product data refreshed, as well as checking the details of new companies and new products. This work isn’t a thrilling rollercoaster – but it’s also not just mindless data entry work – you need to quickly search through each companies’ website picking out details on their company and products.
Examples of why we need smart people:
- Companies data sheets won’t display information in the same way, there might be odd data labels coming up where you need to understand where that data goes in our data templates.
- The company might not be a real factory, but they might just drop vague hints that someone rushing through might just assume they are a factory. But a smart staff will spot the real situation and apply the correct information.
- We even collect difficult data like machines the factories use. We need people that can learn and understand about these machines.
If you are show yourself as quick with very low error rates and clever then in the long-term there will be more variety of tasks that will come your way such as:
- Internet research tasks to find new companies for those good with search engines.
- Researching and creating data templates for those staff who turn out to be technically very able.
- Marketing and SEO tasks for those staff who are good at communicating through email.
- Account management tasks to support our sales staff.
- Management roles to look after new industry websites we build in the future.
Our standard job hours are 40 hours/week (8 hours/day and 5 days/week). If your family situation only allows 20-30 hours/week, let us know since someone growing with us for years at 20 hours/week is still a valuable employee.
Salary: $4-$7/hour. Please clearly state your salary bid within this range, and we will consider the salary requests, experience and abilities when selecting our staff.
Fluent English reading ability is vital.
Now – we want to find the right people for the job, so we want to point out that this is a pretty independent job where you work quietly at home. Some of the later additional tasks can involve a fair amount of written communication, but our core job doesn’t really need much communication with other staff apart from the initial training.
Finally, we want staff that pay attention to detail. So here is a request that we know from experience will ensure a large percentage of candidates immediately fail the application – you are requested to write the keyword “Environment” right at the start of your cover letter. Anyone who doesn’t write this word first will be ignored, as it means you don’t understand English or just spam jobs without properly reading the details.