Thank you for looking at my job posting. I'm looking for one person to help with a variety of tasks and projects for both my online business and my online personal brand. By the end of this job posting, you will know whether or not you will be a good fit before applying. This is not a standard job.
First, I describe a bit about myself and my business/brand. Then, I go over who will be a good fit. Finally, I list some of the job duties.
I want to introduce myself. I've been an online entrepreneur since I was fired in 2016. Here's how I would describe my business in one sentence: I help Airbnb hosts make more money.
In fact, I’m the best in the world at Airbnb. I’ve written the best-selling book for Airbnb hosts, I'm an Airbnb Superhost, and, as a digital nomad, I live in Airbnbs.
- - -
I'm looking for someone eager to learn a variety of tools and become an essential employee for my business.
I want you to think of yourself as a partner, as you'll really have an important effect on my business. A partner is someone who will help me run the business and will be compensated as such with salary, commissions, and bonuses.
I want to emphasize that I’m not looking to hire a traditional employee. If you're looking for a job that offers standard work hours with a list of known, recurring, and routine tasks to complete, for a consistent paycheck, this job is not for you. There’s nothing wrong with this type of work, it’s just not what I’m offering at this time.
If you’re not an A-player, apply to this job, and are hired, I will find out within 3 months during your trial period and it will be a difficult three months for both you and I. If you're after an easy paycheck, this is not it. But if you want to be pushed, learn a lot, help manage a global community of Airbnb hosts, and have the potential for performance-based commissions and bonuses, then I hope you will apply.
If you haven't sensed it already, I can be difficult to work for :) I’m demanding. I’m neurotic about things being done one time and to a high level. I don’t like to be bothered a lot. And I like people who can get the job done without needing a lot of management.
- - -
The perfect candidate will have the following attributes:
- Native or fluent in English
- Self-motivated (this is not a job where you will simply follow instructions)
- Very organized (I say something one time and I must have confidence that it’s being taken care of)
- Attention to detail
- Eager to learn (This is not an easy job, but a fantastic opportunity and you will learn a LOT.)
- Project management skills (you'll be coordinating with Airbnb hosts, video editors, designers, developers, etc.)
The tasks I need help with are both routine tasks and project-based, and include:
- social media management (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube / creating calendar, posting, commenting, messages)
- fulfilling online digital product orders
- engaging with the community on forums, Facebook groups, etc.
- online detailed research
- website chat and email management
- learn and optimize business tools (I want you to manage and optimize the various business tools like website popups, etc.)
If you are any of the following, please say so:
- Speaks fluent Spanish
- Airbnb host or guest
There are significant bonus/commission opportunities with this position that can double your salary.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Please answer these questions with your application. Thank in advance!
1. If you are an Airbnb host or guest, please send me your profile link.
2. What is your level of both written and spoken English from 1-10?
3. What are the demands of your time right now (job, family, hobby, school, etc.)?
4. What monthly salary are you requesting for 40 hours work per week?
5. How long do you envision working in your next role?