TEST SYSTEM & TREATMENT SCHEDULE: Allium cepa –Taken as a model plant, Bulbs were germinated in sterilized moist sand, Seedlings then transferred to the hydroponic medium.
PREPARATION OF GROWING MEDIUM
· Half strength modified Hoagland Medium selected for hydroponics
· Control - Normal Hoagland Medium
· Experiment 1- Iron Chelate in nutrient medium replaced with Iron oxide Nanoparticle
· Experiment II - Copper sulfate in nutrient medium replaced with Copper oxide Nanoparticle
Various concentrations (mM) of Iron Oxide and Copper Oxide NPs in suspension form prepared in deionized water- NPs suspended in deionized water-Dispersed using magnetic stirrer-Ultrasonicated for 30 min.
Approved objectives of research topic:
· To investigate the impact of metal oxide NPs in the vegetative system.
· To analyze phytotoxicity of NPs for cytogenetic abnormalities in the roots.
· To determine the penetration and translocation of NPs in organelles and tissues by TEM images of vegetative parts.
· To determine the uptake of elements in the xylem sap and control by ICP-MS and ICP-AES.
· To determine the oxidative damage to [login to view URL] tissues after intake of nanoformulation
· To find the disease resistance potential of NP exposed [login to view URL] inoculated with Fusarium oxysporum.