Assess how financing of higher education by the U.S. federal government, state government, and private sources affects the role of higher education as a "public good.'
Historically, higher education in the U.S. has been viewed by society as a "public good" that benefits the society (public good) and the individual (private good). Traditionally, higher education's role has been to develop students intellectual and social skills, educate individuals to be productive citizens in a democracy, preserve knowledge, create new knowledge through research, support economic and community development, and develop leaders in various fields.
Refer Kezar, Chambers, & Burkhardt (2005) to define the concept of "public good".
Identify a financial policy issue related to providing a "public good" in the United States and then create a case for its benefit. Some examples include:
- How does U.S. federal, state, and private financing affect economic development.
- To what extent does obtaining a bachelor degree influence lifetime earnings.
- If U.S. federal, state, and private funding is devoted to students from lower economic families, how does that serve the "public good"?
Prepare a 1,200-word position paper on the selected issue with an argument supported by concepts and theories from Kezar, Chambers, & Burkhardt (2005) and other sources. Include the following in the paper:
- A discussion of the concept of the "public good".
- A description of the financial policy issue you have chosen.
- An analysis of the issue identifying its strengths and weakness.
- What aspect of the "public good" your issue supports.
DUE WITHIN 3 DAYS.
Include and cite at least 10 references (including the one below) to support the position on the issue chosen.
Kezar, A. J., Chambers, T. C., & Burkhardt, J. C. (2005). Higher education for the public good: Emerging voices from a national movement.
35 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
How Higher Education affects Public Good Relevant Skills and Experience Report Writing, Research, Research Writing Proposed Milestones $100 USD - .