Looking for experienced R programmer to clean up my existing R code and write new code for a project evaluating sports scores and betting information. Sample data set will be provided and consists of series of professional football games with winning team, opponent, scores, and betting information such as spreads.
Payment to be made on a per hour basis or fixed per job based on experience and proposal.
1) Clean up R code below where needed
2) Add R code for 15 additional variables to test in model. For each team playing in a weekly head-to-head matchup need to create:
• dummy variable if team is playing after bye week (i.e., didn’t play week before),
• dummy variable for playing on a short week (i.e., played a game less than 6 days before),
• team win percentage (wins+ties)/(wins+ties+losses) last k games and in current season,
• team consecutive win streak,
• team consecutive loss streak,
• team win percentage (cover+push)/(cover+push+failed to cover) against the spread last k games and in current season,
• team win percentage as home team last k games and in current season,
• team win percentage as away team last k games and in current season,
• team win percentage against the spread as home team last k games and in current season,
• team win percentage against the spread as away team last k games and in current season,
• team average points scored per game (total points scored/total games played) in last k games and in current season,
• team average points scored against per game (opponents total points scored/total games played) in last k games and in current season,
• team average total points scored and allowed per game ((team’s points scored + opponent’s points scored)/k games played) in last k games and in current season,
• team average margin of victory (average points scored less average points allowed) in last k games and current season
• team percentage successfully covers over under line ((over is correct bet)/(over+under+push)) in last k games and in current season.
K would be the last 16 games played regardless of what season it is (i.e., season length 16 games) and possibly an additional k length for last 4 games to capture short-term performance.
The data set provided includes the following from NFL games from [insert initial year of data] to the most recent season: NFL season; Week of season; Date of game; Home team; Away team; Score for home team; Score for away team; the point spread (i.e., -3 means the home team is favored by 3 points +3 means the home team is an underdog or expected to lose by 3 points); the over under line (i.e., 40 means the over bet wins if more than 40 points are scored by both teams whereas the under bet wins if less than 40 points are scored by both teams); the stadium; the stadium location; and the stadium type (indoor, outdoor, retractable roof).
18 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 475 $ tähän työhön
Hello, I'm an analyst. I specialize in machine learning and data analysis in the programming language R. It would be very interesting to work with your project
Hey, I have extensive experience in building predictive models in R. The task looks fairly straight forward and I can give you better quote and timeline with more details. Looking forward to hearing from you!