I am looking at taking a raspberry pi 3 and turning it into at least a 2 hdmi input car dvr. The issue today is that all automotive DVR systems accept analog inputs. I am in need of a digital solution that accepts 2 hdmi un encrypted inputs. Here are the requirements of the system:
1. 2 HDMI inputs
2. GPS tracking that records speed, location and driving route that integrates with google maps.
3. All recording simultaneously
4. Records to SD card on board Raspberry Pi 3
5. Loop recording. Oldest recording is overwritten when storage is full.
6. G-Senor. Recognizes hard acceleration, sudden stops, speeding, and impacts
7. H.264 compression for smaller files
8. An added benefit would be to run off 12v.
I am looking for a module that is very similar to this but with HDMI inputs:
[url removed, login to view]
I have a list of potential modules you could use. Developer has to provide hardware for the project.