I would like to construct a registration program for patients to enroll in my practice on their cellphones or PC's, and/or on an iPad when present in the office in person
This program will be for NEW patients (NP) and for RETURNING Patients (EP)
There are two separate programs that need to be populated with information.
- One is a financial program that stores demographic and financial information (PM)
- The other is a medical records program (EMR) that stores medical information on the patients in the PM
New Patients (NP) will receive a link or a page that allows them to enter relevant demographic information that gets uploaded into the respective fields in PM.
Answers to medical questions will be uploaded into the corresponding fields in EMR.
When a new patient (NP) is submitted into PM, there is a sequence of fields that the program will perform that transfers the data from the PM to create the same entity in EMR. Then the program will populate the data from the questionnaire into the respective fields in EMR.
ESTABLISHED PATIENTS (EP)
Rather than a blank form, the returning patient whose data already exists in PM and EMR will have the existing data populated in the form that the EP receives. The patient can then review and update this information.
- If changes are made, the revised data will be uploaded into PM and EMR as for a NP (unless there is no change in data)
- If no changes are made, the patient can verify that no changes are needed and the system can record that the information was reviewed and confirmed.
* There will be links for the patient (NP or EP) can upload their insurance cards (both sides) and their driver's license or photo ID) The upload should be made possible from a cellphone picture or scanned image
* There will be forms that must be signed (?electronically?) by the patient acknowledging certain terms or conditions. Some of the forms will be relevant to all patients. Others will be presented based on information that is provided in the questionnaire (e.g., patients with Medicare will receive the Medicare document)
ALL OF THIS INFORMATION NEEDS TO BE:
- stored in a database apart from being populated into the two programs as backup
- sent to the practice email in case a field is not properly populated or the data does not integrate properly
- sent to the patient as confirmation of their enrollment
The program must be robust and durable. The technology used for this purpose is up to the programmer, e.g., whether it hosted on a website or other platform.
Time to completion and cost are relevant. Please see examples (NOT all inclusive) of some of the fields and a rough schematic of the process. These are merely to represent the content. They do NOT have to be the appearance of the final product