I have immediate need for a programmer or team of programmers who can put together a public-facing multimedia interactive website along the following parameters.
* Support the playback of videos (this is the main public function)
* Track visitor's progress through the videos
* Lead a new visitor through a sign-up process to become a registered user
* "Back office" for registered users, with the biggest requirement being an email autoresponder -- users can upload their friend's email addresses (up to a 10-address limit) to invite them to watch certain videos
* REST-ful url support would be great, because we need easy URLs that reference a person's username, e.g. [url removed, login to view] ; using subdomains would be acceptable too (e.g. [url removed, login to view])
* Work from a design template (most likely a Photoshop project file)
* more details can be provided upon request
RUBY on RAILS is highly encouraged, as is PYTHON. We are a Linux shop.
Single-page interactivity is a must, therefore the right programmer(s) should be proficient in Ajax (preferred) and/or Flash (e.g. using Flex).
Ideal: usable test/demo site to go live by mid-December. 2 weeks of testing and revisions, followed by "public beta" by January 2nd, 2008.
Upload all source code and all executables (if applicable) to an FTP location by the required deadline (to be agreed upon).
IN YOUR BID, please tell me if you are a single programmer or a team of people (how many people?), where you are located, and whether you can meet the "ideal" deadline.