Carbon Neutral Consulting (CNC) is a small startup focused on the maritime decarbonization transition. We are seeking a publicist who can place news of our first major publication on ammonia as a potential maritime fuel in appropriate publications and websites this winter and into the spring. The audience is global, but we believe ports in China and Europe are most likely feeling pressured to decarbonize. We’d like to see at least six stories for each of five locations. In addition, you will promote CNC principals as speakers to appropriate events.
You have experience in B2B communications, preferably finance, industry, or transport, and can explain a business case clearly. You adapt quickly to jargon and a can appeal to a sophisticated audience. You measure results and adjust quickly. Your track record demonstrates a history of successful promotion in a global business context.
▪ Participate in strategy conversations
▪ Advise on locations, outlets, and methodology
▪ Review, edit, and shape talking points, key take-aways, and the ask
▪ Segment for various audiences including maritime finance, ship builders and owners, bunker owners and managers, and port authorities
▪ Advise us on the interest level of potential purchasers, influencers, and event organizers; pitch articles and event organizers; and follow up on placements
▪ Amplify messages according to the strategy
▪ Based on response, work with CNC to adjust strategy
▪ Advise on crisis management
▪ You have business PR experience in finance, industry, or transport
▪ You have a successful track record of earned media in relevant publications and channels
▪ You have ten years or more experience
▪ You are flexible, honest, and quick to learn
▪ Bachelor’s degree in a complementary area such as journalism
We are a virtual company and meet weekly. We do not offer sponsorships, but are open to hiring PR expertise in significant international ports. Multilingual candidates preferred. Please submit a cover letter with your resume.