Nettprofile is a successful company offering total language solutions. We are looking for a strongly motivated remote project manger located overseas. The ideal candidate is a project manager with, at least, 3 years experience in the industry, who, apart from receiving instruction from our head office located in London, will also be able to liaise with clients and translators and will also be able to bring their own contribution to the growth and expansion of the company, also in relation to the localisation industry. They should be fluent in English and at least one of the other main European Languages among Spanish, French and German.
In this important role, they will have overall responsibility for supervising all phases of translation projects, including:
• managing translation projects
• developing project strategies/plans/instructions
Recruiting translators and other service providers
• identify, assign, schedule, supervise and train team members for projects (translators, DTP operators, publishers, and other individual resources)
• negotiating rates with freelance translators
• Update the sales manager and the in house team regarding the projects status, queries from translators, and other issues.
Refer to the translators any particular requirements of the clients
• recruiting freelance translators / updating the translator database
• quality control
• obtaining, locating, or creating glossaries and reference documents and managing them
• Translation, proofreading, editing
Possible telephone and email enquiries
• 3+ years of experience in project management
• Good understanding of translation project lifecycle
• Fluency in English (oral & written) plus at least one other language among French, Spanish and German
• Good written communication skills
• Strong commitment to quality and an eye for detail
Self- Motivated and use own initiative, a team player
• A mature person who can take initiative
• Good all-round IT skills:
o MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat essential ( knowledge of other editing and DTP software will be a plus)
It is important that the ideal candidate will commit to be available and in contact with the head office through MSN and Skype from 9.00 am to 5.30 Pm GMT. For the first month the successful candidate will be trained remotely by a senior project manager. This is a perfect opportunity for someone working from home, since we are not offering an employment contract but a subcontractor contract.
6 months trial period
Salary negotiable plus bonuses on achievement
How to apply
Please send your Cv and motivation letter clearly stating the reasons why you think you could be an ideal asset for us and what you think you can bring to our organisation.
Applications must be sent by 12/06/09
16 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi, I do have Good understanding of translation project life cycle and would like to take up this opportunity. Please see the PMB for details. Thanks, Sastha
We do have experience project managers PMP certified and committed to work with you on monthly basis to follow up your translation projects (We do speak 2 languages English, French).