We are a small independent Web 2.0 start-up that produce and markets next generation websites. Our network of websites includes mobile web, iPhone web app development, dating site, and more.
We are hiring a part-time Freelance Project Manager (7-10 hours a week to start) to assist with product development and interface with technical development team. You would be working from your office/home. This position would be good for someone already working in the industry and would like to make some extra money. Flexible day/night hours. You make your schedule.
Your success in this role will require a combination of big-picture understanding of business goals, product positioning, and audience; particular attention to detail; and a drive to execute well. You will be managing off-shore programmers, creative designer and web developers.
-You want to get your hands dirty: gathering & writing requirements, working with a designer/UI Engineer on wireframes and interface prototypes, doing rigorous user testing, project managing the implementation of your ideas…and then celebrating when your customers love what you built.
- Manage off shore resources using web based project management program ([url removed, login to view]) – we can teach you to use this.
- Immerse yourself in a comprehensive set of detailed business and technical requirements for many complex and exciting web 2.0 products.
- Coordinates scheduling and resource allocation; tracks project interdependencies, milestones and deliverables
- Develop strong working relationships with our off-shore creative development team, the network/marketing team and the executive team to ensure resources are allocated to our projects as necessary.
- After launch, continue to collaborate closely with executive and product operations teams to brainstorm new product features, enhancements, fixes and solutions.
- Present solutions to executive team; receive and incorporate multiple rounds of feedback.
- Maintain the product requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Promote and manage cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Coordinate testing with QA team.
- Fluent in English
-Works effectively in the absence of supervision; plans and executes multiple tasks effectively.
- Understand the web product life cycle. Wireframes, Prototype, Beta, Launch.
- Google Analytics, AdWords, SEO experience a plus!
- If you do not have a formal technical background, you must be able to get up to speed rapidly on the language of technical requirements.
- Ability to build strong, ongoing working relationships with a variety of professionals - developers, technical staff, designers, marketers, and executives.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Self-starter; must be willing and able to self-direct with limited supervision, you will be working remotely from your office/home.
- Must appreciate the exciting, dynamic, fast-paced environment of an early-stage, growing consumer technology start-up and must be willing to put in the effort in return for the opportunity to help build fantastic products and business from scratch and take part in its success from early on.
What We Offer
- Flexible Hours
- Equity participation
How to Apply
Please send your resume with the subject line “Web Project Manager”
- Please tell us your hourly rate. We would be open to 100% paid with zero equity, to mixed pay scale of equity with less pay.
- Include a sample of sites you managed.
- Also, attach your résumé in Microsoft Word or PDF format
- Again don’t forget to tell us your hourly rate.