Category Professional Corporate Services
We are currently looking to recruit a Category Professional (Workforce Services) in our location in Berlin.
Purpose of the job
You will be you will be responsible for a sub-category with a spend of typically $20-50M p.a. As a member of both the regional and global category team, you will contribute to the development of comprehensive strategies for your sub-category and execute the resulting project portfolio in your region, improving the profitability and competitiveness of the company, both in the region and globally.
Your Key Accountabilities
• Lead the company’s category management efforts for a given spend category in the region. Contribute to the development of global category strategies and the resulting project portfolio.
• With category teams, develop comprehensive project plans that address all hurdles to project implementation and lead and facilitate regional category governance and execute global and regional category projects, supported by procurement business partners located in all major sites
• Deliver savings and cost reductions as committed to the bottom line of the company and contribute to the development of the IGS organization.
• With Procurement Business Partners, manage stakeholders and stakeholder engagement for the category in the region, ensuring that business requirements for your category are fully understood and addressed in the category strategy.
• Manage and develop relationships with strategic and critical suppliers in the region.
• Ensure that risk management and compliance standards are rigorously and consistently applied across all contracts with our supply base.
• University degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent disciplines.
• Minimum four (4), ideally six (6) and more years in category management and strategic sourcing, of which, at least two (2) years in a regional, multi-sites capacity.
• Familiar with the sourcing approaches applicable to the category, including advanced approaches, procurement levers, innovative supply solutions.
• Proficient in English and German or French would be a plus
• An accomplished strategic sourcing professional, capable of managing complex tasks with limited supervision working with and supporting many stakeholders.
• Solid category management expertise ideally with multi-sites exposure.
• Contribute to culturally diverse category teams in a matrix organization.
• Good negotiation techniques with demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Familiar with leading complex, cross-functional, sourcing projects.
• Proven ability to influence local stakeholders to ensure buy-in and compliance. Good relationship management and people skills.
• Experience in working in a fast moving and results-driven environment.
• Ability to communicate simply and effectively at all levels within the region. Good presentation skills.
• Integrity and motivation.
• Be flexible and respect deadlines.
• Team worker.
• Advanced level in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint), ERP Systems and eProcurement tools
• Willingness to travel up to 50 % of the time
Your ideas move people!