East African Holding is a diversified conglomerate primarily engaged in the manufacturing of FMCGs, Building Materials, Logistics, Mining and Real Estate. We are looking for capable well experienced candidates with proven track record and credentials to support our foriegn procurement, which includes the purchases of a wide array of products ranging from raw materials to finished goods.
To advise the EAH group companies on procurement activities and its system & practices in order to reduce procurement cost, compressing procurement lead times and increasing service levels for its internal customers.
PART II - BROAD FUNCTIONS
Responsible for leading, directing and advising the following functions:
1. Inventory & purchase records analysis
3. Supplier development
4. Contract negotiations
5. Procurement systems & procedures
6. Inbound supply chain
7. Monitoring & Compliance
PART III - PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Data collection and spend analysis.
2. Market research for assessment of supply market
3. Identification of suitable suppliers and development of supplier portfolio
4. Intelligence field report as to identify contracting and savings opportunities
5. Aiding with various purchasing procedures, inventories, vendor accounts, proposals and similar preparations
6. Reviewing purchase contracts
7. Carrying out a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function, its methodology, identify and implement improvements. Continuously explore means to improve process for reduction in cycle time, inventory controls, reduction in material transportation cost etc.
8. Conducting internal process reviews and ensuring strict adherence to the process parameters/systems.
9. Keeping track of entire value chain of major raw materials to provide useful insight and analytical support for decision making and business planning
10. Responsible for solving requirements and escalating various issues
PART IV - PRINCIPAL RELATIONSHIP
Inside the Company
Heads of procurement, members of Finance & Accounts department
Outside the Company
Suppliers, Government departments, Ports & Customs & Transporters
PART V - SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION
1. Bachelor Degree holder and/or Diploma in Purchasing
2. Knowledge of LC terms, international Incoterms, local tax & commercial laws, Customs laws, licensing and other duty saving schemes
Experience & Skills
1. 12-15 years experience in procurement function in leading corporate groups in Ethiopia or its nearby countries
2. Impeccable integrity
3. Proven skills in leading buyers/group of buyers
4. Good command over written and verbal languages – English
7 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_18% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_19%/tunti tähän työhön
I’m working as a supply chain manager in a multi-national company for snacks... so, I’m really aware about the processes and activities of the supply chain field.. would like to support in this as this my real passion