I’m planning to provide a wordpress directory listing for restaurants or bars. Clients should be able to list their locations (one or more) including “lunch specials”, “menu card” and “events”.
Searching the web I came upon “GeoDirectory” ([url removed, login to view]). I think that’s a very good point to start from. The GeoDirectory Framework and the corresponding addons can manage a lot of my requirements.
The challenge in this project is to create a (child) theme and add functionality like
• Very stable and performant loading (even if there are thousands of listing entries)
• clean, straight and elegant design
• Fully responsive
• Multilingual and fully translateable
• more detailed CPTs with corresponding efficient editing forms for clients
• additional backend functionality
• intelligent payment integration (paypal)
• recommendation codes
• coupon management
• interaction with social media (facebook, twitter,…) and other listing directories
In few words: Common functionality like a PRO listing directory
2 weeks after publication of this project I will have a look at the profiles of freelancers who bidded. I will provide very detailed requirement documentation to favourite freelancers, so that each freelancer can review his bid.
Assuming that I will have additional requirements, change requests or that I need support assistance after project was completed, I’d prefer to hire freelancers or companies with sufficient capacity and short response time.