The site is found here: [url removed, login to view]
The theme used is this: [url removed, login to view]
If other files are needed, we have a dropbox folder we can share.
List of fixes: (Might be a couple more coming later)
• Front page can only show portfolio-items that are marked «featured».
- Ideas on how to fix this? Can it be done by adding “tags” to portfolio posts? Is so then that is the best solution. If not, can we add a unique filter-category, and pull the front-page portfolios from that category alone?
PS: This filter-category cannot be visible in the filter-category menu on the page called “våre kurs”.
• Add a function that enables “tagging” in portfolio-posts. These tags can further be used to solve the fix above.
Sub-page, VÅRE KURS:
• Make the “VÅRE KURS”-page like the PSD. Three columns of portfolios on 2/3 of the page width. The filter categories are as in the PSD. There are 8 of them, and they should all be displayed on a single line.
Sub-page, SINGLE PORTFOLIO CONTENT:
• Add function that makes portfolio-posts “time-sensitive”. By this I mean – each portfolio is a course held in school. Each course needs to have a date, and this date is a part of the widget called “Kommende kurs” – meaning “Upcoming courses”.
- Can this be done by using the built in wordpress time-function?
- It is important that this can be changed easily by anyone, because each portfolio/course will need someone to update this date for each time the course is held.
• Add widget seen in the top right of the sidebar in the PSD for sub-page VÅRE KURS. This widget pulls the dates from each course and displays them chronologically. First one to happen is ranked first and so on.
- Widget should be added so that it is easy to change how many upcoming courses are shown.
- Widget pulls the date and the name from each course.
- If a course has no date it will not be part of this list.
- When a course with a date goes past that date, it will automatically be removed from the list.
• Add related courses function (portfolios) that will be displayed in the bottom of the portfolio content, as shown on PSD. 3 in total.
• Add backend function that enables any admin to either view all courses that have NO DATE, or HAVE DATE
• Add function that enables a menu button called “Personnel” in the main backend menu. Just like the button for “testimonials”.
If there is a good plugin for this, that is fine.
- When posting personnel, three things are important. 1 – title, 2 – content, and 3 – picture of the person. The picture can be the featured image.
- See PSD for SINGLE COURSE.
- The most important thing is that 1 post/item from the “personnel” part can be chosen when posting a new course (portfolio-post). The portfolio content page will then pull the title, content and picture from the personnel-post and display it in the single course page as shown in the PSD. It should also be possible to change the personnel-post tied to the portfolio-post easily from the single-portfolio-backend-page.
(Hope that was clear. Please ask if anything is unclear)