I launched an ecommerce store via shopify last month. My site is www.kandys-land.com. The "shopify expert" I hired has been unable to fully execute what I need, in addition, he has been unavailable for a week. I am not sure when he will be back in the office. I can't wait any longer as I have already missed out on Christmas selling season. I need to be solid way before Valentines day hits. On top of that, I installed 2 apps called Product Discount & Upsell from Boldapps.net. They help run sales and insert red sale flag icons on images. It also allows me to do BOGO sales (buy one, get one "X" sales). When I installed these apps, they gave codes that I had to copy/paste into the html coding page, and it caused my images to be scattered on handful of my web pages, among other issues. When I try to get help from either shopify customer service, or [url removed, login to view] customer service, they are of no help. I will copy/paste our email conversations below. I am beginning to be sorry for going thru shopify. Please advise. Here are my issues:
1) The header is running right into the logo, when you view it in landscape mode on an ipad.
2) Under the QuickLinks in the footer, the "Kandy's Blog" is not actually connecting to the blog.
3) The images are scattered, please see conversation below w/cust srvc:
Dec 14, 14:57
4) MY ISSUE: When you click "view all items" on the landing page, the grid of images is scattered. It is also scattered on page 2 of the "Holiday Love Affair" collection, among other pages.
CUST SRVC RESPONSE: This is a known issue, and not one with an easy solution. Product Discount's duplicate & hide feature creates a copy of the product. Products are retrieved from your Shopify account, and the theme reserves the space in the collection page for the product. Only after Shopify has done these steps will our code kick in to visually hide the product from displaying.
5) MY ISSUE: On the BOGO sales, when the customer opts to take advantage of the 50% off item that is being offered, the shopping cart raises the quantity of the regular priced item, that is already in the cart. If the customer is not wary (and does not change the quantity back to the original desired amount) they will accidentally order and be shipped 2 of the same regular priced items.
CUST SRVC RESPONSE: The culprit here is a feature built into your theme called Ajax. In many Shopify themes, the Ajax functionality keeps the customer on the same product page, and shows a message, animation, or other visual cue that the item has been added without redirecting to the true cart page.
There are 2 ways this could go. The simple solution is to disable the ajax functionality in your theme settings, or the other option is additional code would need to be added to the theme files in order for the ajax to "play nice" with how Product Upsell is designed to work.
Honestly, they were of no help. Can you fix all of my issues?
HErwin@[url removed, login to view]