I am looking for someone who can produce Excel VBA code to monitor a CSV file and automatically import the data when the file is updated.
I need this within 8 - 12 hours so preference will be given to anyone who has the availability to start and finish this small project as soon as possible.
I am importing 3 different CSV files to a spreadsheet that get updated with new data every few minutes.
I have tried using the standard Excel CSV data import and also PowerQuery.
The problem occurs when Excel tries to import the data from a CSV file at the same time as the file is being updated. I receive a pop-up window stating "Excel cannot find the text file to refresh this external data range".
If you press OK and try again it works fine once the CSV file has finished. The problem is that this required human intervention. I want the files to continue updating seamlessly without any pop up windows or need for intervention.
Therefore I urgently need a solution that can monitor the CSV files and only attempt to update the data when the file has finished updating to avoid any pop up interruptions in Excel:
1. VBA code that can be added to multiple sheets so that I can import data from a different CSV file into each sheet.
2. VBA code imports the latest date/time from the CSV file and places it in a cell in the sheet.
3. VBA code monitors the CSV file for a more recent date/time and when it recognises that the file has been updated it automatically performs a new data import.
4. Checking of the data file needs top be at least every minute, real-time if possible.
5. Need to be able to specify the starting Column and Row for data import.
Many thanks for considering this project.
- END -