I am a graphic designer with a really good knowledge of WordPress and some CSS ability, but are in need of a talented developer for ongoing work right away.
I work from a rural property in South East Queensland, Australia but work for clients Australia wide and overseas with some major clients in the US.
My current developer (of 5 years) has gone off to greener pastures and has left big shoes to fill. I'm looking for a long-term ongoing relationship, not just a one-off deal.
At the moment I have a minimum 10hrs-20hrs of work per week available for a talented developer (at max $50AUD/hr) and potentially more depending on your skillbase. You must have the following skills/knowledge:
1. Specialize in WordPress with an intimate knowledge of custom Theme and Plugin development.
2. Very familiar with WooCommerce
3. In-depth knowledge and experience of integrating 3rd party APIs with custom WordPress Plugins.
4. Detailed knowledge of cPanel/WHM and hosting configuration.
5. Willing to work in with our Project Management Systems:
- Trello for projects/tasks
- Harvest for time tracking
- Dropbox for file sharing
- Skype for communication
- LastPass for password sharing
- Xara Designer Pro: This is my primary design software (I also have CS5/6). You don't have to be proficient, have a licence, or any experience with it. All you need is a willingness to work with the program from time to time as it makes sharing my designs a lot easier. I will provide any training/software licensing you need.
Some personal traits which would also suit the position:
- A good sense of humour. A relaxed and casual dialogue.
- A close attention to detail, particularly when translating a design into a website.
- Love for systems and organisation.
- Careful (always take a backup before making any changes).
- Be available on Skype most of the day.
I pay fair and fast (weekly or within a day or two after receiving an invoice).
I am only interested in working with a native English speaker in the same, or very similar time zone as me (GMT +10). I work from about 10am - 12am (with a break between about 4pm and 9pm) most days. I try not to work weekends unless I really have to.
I won't read any applications with copy paste responses. Please write a personal message and acknowledge that you have each of the skills and personal qualities outlined above (it can just be short). It will be worth your time if you tick all the boxes, I promise.
Thank you so much for your time. I hope we get to work together.