A PHP script that scrapes Amazon for the product name and price when an ASIN # is entered. The script will use cron to automatically check and store the price to a table. If a product's price decreases, an email is sent to the admin to notify them.
- Admin interface uses a single password login with the ability to retrieve lost password via email.
After logging in:
The Dashboard displays:
1. A form to add new ASIN #.
2. The current list of products in a table with the following across the top.
* Product Name (linked to the Amazon product)
* ASIN #
* Last Price before the last cron ran
* Current Price
* Status - This will display colored dots that show an increase or decrease since last cron run.
--- Green dot for decrease in price
--- Red dot for increase in price
--- Yellow dot for no change
* A delete link to delete the product form the list.
Dashboard has the following linked tabs across the top:
- Dashboard tab
- Settings Tab
--- Choose Amazon Site (lists .com, .ca, .[url removed, login to view])
--- Enter email address for password retrieval and price notifications
--- Pagination count (to assign how many products are shown on the Dashboard)
--- Change Admin password
- Help (will be a regular page I will populate with help info about using the script.)
I'll also need an installer that will create the database tables.
During the installer set-up:
1. The admin enters the database name, username, and password.
2. Admin enters their email address
3. There's a preview page to make sure the script connects to the database and shows the admin it has.
4. If it connects, the admin can continue the install. If there are any other types of necessary checks needed for the script to run, it will display that as well.
5. The installer will automatically insert the password "admin" which can be changed when the admin logs in.
Before the project starts, I'd like to know your thoughts or ideas and what will be needed on the server in order for it to work.
Payment will be made after I see a working script either on your server or mine.