Hello, I have a new project for you if you are interested.
I built a simple website for a friend last year and he's very lazy, he can't be bothered to check if he's logged in or not before making changes on the website admin and as the website admin is run by sessions that expire really quickly rather than cookies sometimes he has already been logged out and the changes he makes don't commit to the database. He keeps bugging me about it but I'm now so frustrated with him bugging me that I just don't want to do it! I don't have the time to look into it and I'm too busy doing other stuff.
I have left the budget at £10 and the days to 5 as I don't know how long it will take. Here are the project details:
- Website is [url removed, login to view]
- Simple site with a really basic admin section where you can update what beers are currently on the pumps at the pub
- It's on the same plesk panel to the site you have already worked on
- FTP details can be provided if you need to inspect more closely
- Convert session (basic Dreamweaver code) based admin area to a cookie based admin area.
- Existing log in code is on one page
- Authorisation code that checks if you're logged in before allowing you to access an admin page is in one include file. Log out code is also on this include file
- As far as I'm aware there are no other pages that have any session related code on them, so just 2 files need editing, along with perhaps some file permissions and a cookie txt file
Could you please also give a rough estimate to how much extra it would be to make the password fields in the database encrypted or hashed, as currently they are plain text. If it will save time doing both together then we may as well do both at the same time.