Auction Website needed:
We want a fresh look and easy to use website. It should be professionally designed (not too simplistic), but mostly we want the site to be easy to navigate. It should be designed as an efficient tool to provide a service. With this in mind, we don’t see the need for flash presentations or other fancy stuff that is only going to slow performance of the site.
The following is a general description of what we want; however, we have omitted a few details that will be revealed only to the winning company. Nevertheless, these details do not complicate the task of designing the site so it shouldn’t make any difference that they are revealed after the bidding process has ended.
The auction website should have all the common features of this type of sites:
- Auction website editable through a user-friendly admin module, which allows us to manage: users, auctions fees, categories and sub-categories, review accounting such as invoices, payment options, daily sales reports & statistics, visitors counter, etc.
- All the common functions for clients and bidders: username, password, forgot password etc. etc.
- Multiple categories and sub-categories of products. Again, it is very important to us to be able to edit, add or delete categories and sub-categories.
- Membership database
- Verification system for new sign ups. Either with key emailed to user after administration has review information filled by new user, or account is approved after user replies to verification email.
- Terms and conditions page which must be accepted before users get access (I will hire a “legal” coder for the content of this box).
- Clients are able to choose categories, and post/upload images (photos and video) of the products to be auctioned.
- Bidders are able to search by category, keyword or other fields (“other fields” will be explained later), view photos and/or videos of the products and make bids.
- Bidders and clients can post questions and answers to each other on the bidding page. This, however, should be through an internal messaging system (with no personal contact information revealed to each of the two parties). If either party attempts to post personal contact information, web administrator should be able to red flag violator and delete or edit question/answer posted by violator.
- When client accepts a winning bid the website automatically charges a % of the winning bid (credit card, paypal, etc.) and after confirmation of payment, automatically releases their personal contact information to both parties.
- Feedback with ranking is needed, just like on [url removed, login to view], however, I want both parties to be able to post a second comment as a response to the first comment. (I think this is especially helpful to give either party the opportunity to defend itself from a bad feedback). Therefore a total of 4 comments are allowed, 2 to each party.
- Google Map API (the need for this would be explained later).
- Website must be able to automatically alert admin when a posting is not receiving any bids.
- Website must be listed on all major search engines
- Developer cannot list its logo on completed website (sorry!).
- Developer must provide warranty for at least 6 months.
We are looking for a long term relationship. Once we begin working with certain company, we will continue on the same track for other projects as long as said company continue to deliver a good product.
Please send links to sites you have built. It is never the same to look at pictures listed on portfolios than to visit a site and test its performance. It does not have to be auction type websites just any websites that you or your company has created, thank you.