Peer-to-peer Car Sharing Platform:
The project consist to implement an easy P2P car-sharing business model in order to attract car owners and renters. Following are the features that will help.
How It Works Section
Typically, it should be a 3-4 step explanation of how things work on the website for all type of target audience (car owner and renters in this case).
Infographic that explains how things work for car owners and renters side-by-side along a timeline.
Textual format and is very detailed yet concise. All in all.
Creative video to explain how things work on P2P car-sharing platforms.
Renting a Car
Simple yet powerful car search. Placing the search tool box in the homepage banner would be a good choice.
• Location (or address)
• Pick-up date & time
• Return date & time
Car Search Results:
The website must use map-view to show rental results along with list results in a vertical side panel. This will help renters to know right away how far the car’s location is. Plus, the list-view panel can feature the basic rental details such as year, rent, etc.
Following filters should also be there on the search page:
• No. of passengers
• Whether available for instant booking
• Mileage limit
• Vehicle type
Renters should be able to view brief car details in search results, there should also be a dedicated page for each listed car with extensive details to help renters choose the one as per their needs. Here are the car details that should be on the car page of car sharing website:
• Multiple photographs of car’s interior & exterior
• Car’s per hour, per day & per week renting cost
• How much renting the car will cost for the selected trip
• Option to share car page with friends on social media or via email
• Car owner details
• Car features & specifications
• Precautions renters need to take while using the car
• Location & availability chart with the pick-up location information
• Mileage cap
• Option to book the car
Booking a Rental
Only registered users should be able to book a rental. Typically, sign up through email would be okay. To make things easy for users, we can go for social media login for P2P car-sharing portal.
The checkout process should be simple and short. However, make sure that its has the following important text fields and options:
• Detailed personal information (name, age, contact)
• State & driver license details
• Payment options (credit card/ debit card/ PayPal etc.
Listing a Car:
Listing a car should also be simple & straightforward. There should be a distinct ‘List Car’ option in the user profile (preferably on the top navigation bar). Since listing a car would require the car owner to input a lot of details, the process should be divided into steps. Here, we have roughly drafted these steps:
• In the first step, car owners should be asked the basic details such as location (zip code), car make, year, license plate, trim, style, etc.
• Next, the users should be asked various car features & specifications (preferably through checkbox selection)
• In the next step, car owners should be asked to provide any instructions to renters regarding pets, smoking, and mileage
These are pretty much the steps & fields you need for the car listing option in a P2P car-sharing portal. In addition to that, we can include following prominent offerings to make car renting portal more relevant for customers:
• Photo shoot: Help car owners in taking nice clicks of their car so that they can attract more renters
• Insurance: insurance on every listed car. Plus, also have the provision for charging renters a penalty fee in case renters return the car dirty or don’t follow the instructions provided by the owners.
36 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 1611$ tähän työhön
Hi, I've read your description carefully. I've developed such a project before. I've got main focus of your project. Let's discuss more details and make it success together. Thanks for your time. ~ Zhixue~