We are seeking an hourly contractor with about 20hrs per week of availability, we have a current backlog of about 80 hours and from there it will even out to half time.
- Solid understanding of backend web development, specifically with PHP & LAMP Stack
- History of at least a few projects built from start to finish
- Comfortable with AWS, git and modern CI/CD best practices
- Be available for communication throughout the week, paid on-call for server/hosting issue fixes
- Ability to communicate in English, including ability to elaborate within sometimes difficult technical language
- Integrate with various internal/external APIs
- Develop web applications within the LAMP stack (or other technologies as required per exp)
- Integrate existing and new projects into our development CI/CD pipelines
- Create and Maintain technical documentation including wikis, dev environment instructions, readme, standard operation procedures, etc
- Maintain web servers and tooling software (WHMCS, WHM, cPanel), domains, internal applications and other web related systems
- Provide limited L2 external customer support as needed (infrequent) and internal team member support as needed (often).
- Perform basic project management tasks & estimations, create project risk assessments/postmortems and write technical documentation as needed
This position is for a backend developer specializing in the LAMP stack, bonus points leaning towards full stack or some js (Vue, React) experience. Developer will assist others in an agency setting with maintaining web systems, developing new applications and providing trouble shooting support in regards to existing systems. After a brief onboarding period getting integrated with our internal toolset, you will be provided with a weekly set of prioritized production tasks to complete and will need to be available for internal communications during USA hours.
- We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers, strong PHP portfolios and someone who is fun in IM/chat!
- Seeking an applicant who is very proficient with APIs (GraphQL & Rest) and has integrated business services before
- Please write 'computers' at the top of your application
- You must be available to perform internal support for at least couple of hours daily (Monday-Friday) between 6am and 6pm
- All hours are paid, including all time spent attending to support/hosting issues
Nice to Have's:
- Strong technical writing capabilities preferred
- Ability to start right away
Who We Are:
We are a small agency working with small business owners to help them stay afloat with modern technologies. Our experiences range from video to simple brochure websites, built on a strong network of creatives and studios of all kinds. Expect to be thrown some off-the-wall projects, work with big, small & digital robots and be a key team player help thousands business owners across the US compete in todays market.