We need basic mysql/php script for editing magento product price, inventory data and visibility status.
In short script should be able to:
1. Get whole list of products with following data (filling/updating mysql table)
--- Product name
--- Short description
--- Main image URL
--- Product frontend url
--- Meta keywords
--- Meta description
--- Ean (special field in our store)
--- Inventory status
--- Product status (enabled/disabled)
--- Special price
2. Get category tree with description of category (filling/updating mysql table)
--- We need to know what product is in what category (maybe separete table)
3. Get list of upsell products via SKU (mysql table)
4. Be able to change price and special price
5. Be able to change inventory status (in stock, out of stock)
--- When in stock
------ Visability should be: Catalog, Search
------ Manage Stock: should use Config settings
--- When out of stock:
------ Visability should be: Search only
------ Magage Stock: should be YES, and do not use Config Settings.
------ Stock Availability: Out of stock
6. With email as input we should have list of orders with product list, price and status (same data we have get in confirmation email) (xml data is enough, but can also be stored in mysql)
Script should be written in clean php. Should use REST API or SOAP witch ever you find best for connecting to Magento 1.7.2. Server.
Back-end data stored should be in simple mysql tables or XML generated. Witch ever you find easier.
To be i more detail. We need offsite script that connects to magento and fills 4 tables:
- product data
- category data
- product to category association
- product to upsell product association
Also we need 2 scripts for update. One for inventory update and second for stock update.