I have a simple themes + icons + desktop wallpapers gallery on my website.
The website uses ASP.NET but also has a phpBB forum and the gallery integrates with the forums user database (i.e.; only users with accounts can upload, edit and delete their own stuff, and the gallery shares user accounts with the forum so the user does not have to create different accounts)
The gallery is working and already has nearly two hundred themes in it, but I need to fix a few issues with the current code, add a handful of simple new features not in the original spec, and also make it look a lot nicer so it blends better with the existing website (a screenshot mock up of what I want it to look like will be provided later).
The gallery code was written in HTML + CodeIgniter + PHP, using MySQL for the database(s) so I need someone comfortable using these languages. He will have to modify existing code as needed (unfortunately the original developer did not leave any comments and function names are pretty much gibberish, but on the other hand there isn't much code at all and the whole thing is pretty simple - I will also provide a rundown of what the functions do and where they are located).
First the basics:
Intel E3-1230 v3 Quad-Core Haswell Xeon
16 GB RAM
480 GB SSD
20 TB total bandwidth per month on a 1Gbps port.
Windows Server 2012 R2
PHP Version 5.6.31
MySQL(i) Version 5.5.45
PhpBB version 3.0.7-PL1
Requirements for this project:
1 - Make the gallery look nicer and blend better with existing website.
2 - Icons section empty if user is not logged in.
3 - Search is only searching Themes section regardless of currently selected category.
4 - Go back to Gallery after adding a new theme.
5 - Allow access to a single theme page via URL.
6 - Fix floating option button in star ratings when logged in as admin.
7 - Edited comments not being saved in the database.
8 - Allow admin to delete a single comment.
9 - Allow users to delete a single comment.
10 - Delete actual theme files when deleting themes.
11 - Fix thin line buttons when editing comment.
12 - Show 'busy' circle when retrieving category items instead of simply showing 'No results found'
13 - Actually display user Avatar from phpBB3 instead of default image.
14 - Gallery currently uses an 'accordion' (expand) style for each theme, but that is probably not appropriate since we also need to be able to access individual theme pages and the current method does not allow us to do so.
To help have a better idea of what the gallery ALREADY does:
1. User accounts creation, etc, is shared with the phpBB forums.
2. Only users with accounts can add, edit, delete, comment, rate and download themes, with daily limits to how many themes a user can upload and download.
3. Users can upload a screenshot of the theme, an associated theme in zip format or in a proprietary format and type in a name and description of the theme. Other users can leave comments, download and rate the themes.
4. Users can only edit/delete their own themes and comments (exception if user is admin in PHPBB, in which case he has full access to every theme)
5. Visitors and users with accounts are able to browse themes, where themes are displayed 5 at a time with the name of theme, screenshot, author, date of submission, number of comments, number of downloads, star rating + number of votes showing for each theme.
6. The gallery has three different categories: Themes, Wallpapers and Icons and each section can be searched by name, author or description.
Upon acceptance of the project more detailed information will be provided.
44 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin %project_bid_stats_avg_sub_26% %project_currencyDetails_sign_sub_27% tähän työhön
Hi dear It's nice to meet you! As I am a skilled web developer from Ukraine, I am sure I can handle your project perfectly in reasonable time line. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Anna