I'm looking for a developer to code a class/script that will index very large forums the features required are:
* Ability to add/remove forums that are indexed.
* Add a list of forum categories in a forum bases that are indexed (i.e could be different categories for different forums.
* The script needs to index posts in a specific categories on said boards and needs to add the following information in a database:
1. Post title
2. Post URL
3. Time/Date Posted
5. Auther of poster.
* This script will need to be very effient and not index posts that it's already indexed. *remember* this is going to be indexing very large forums and alot of different forums. One of the said forums has "12517030" posts. Now obviously after the initial index.. i'm guesing we will never need to index the old ones again. But new forums will be added all the time.
* I do not need any kind html interface. this is something I will doing as i know very little xhtml/php. I just need a class/function which I can call to add/remove.
* The idea is that I will be creating a site where people can search multiple forums. So when puting into my own database I will also have categories, so I will need a way to translate the category from the site into my own. so or instance.. if catergory is "music" then in my list that would relate to "music posts".
I'm not sure the best way for the indexing. but i guess a cron or something similar?