We had a project started where programmer started migrating OpenCart store version 1.5.6. to the newest version of OpenCart. The programmer set up OpenCart 3.0 and implemented the necessary synchronization from external database. He allegedly made the necessary database addjustements and it seems like it works. The import from external database works, while the export (when an item is sold in the webstore) has some glitches that still need to be fixed.
Basic migration was more or less completed, but we still need for all the plugins and modifications that were made on original 1.5.6. webstore, to be migrated. Additionally new modifications will have to be made and new theme will have to be implemented.
As already hinted, the OpenCart store is getting data from external (independent MySQL) database that is controlled by some other program. The synchronization between databases is bidirectional (the webstore is and will be getting data from outside database).
Some additional details;
- additional extensions used in a webstore are »Request Quote If Price Is Zero« extension (extension that, when part/article price is 0, shows link “send query for the price part ” instead of price 0), extension that enables searching in subcategories, extension that is showing of number of articles/parts in subcategories (I think this one is currently disabled), some SEO extensions (?) and »Super Category Menu Advanced V3« extension.
- the webstore is selling unique used (as in, there are no two alike) car parts.
- the store is multilingual and languages should be realized via intermediate link in URL. This is currently not working for whole webstore and will have to be fixed, so that it will function in the latest version (that it will work in OC 3.0). The webstore will also have to utilize clean URLs. The structure of the store's URL addresses will therefore have to look like;
- items from external DB will have to be properly imported - with their correct translations.
- all the changes (sales) in the webstore will have to be synchronized in real time with the external database - this is working, but not in full - only part of data is exported, so additional work is needed
- the new webstore must have caching implemented and site must be fast.
- all the pages of the webstore must be served via https (using SSL). Client has the certificate, you will only have to reprogram the store, so it'll serve content only over https protocol.
- the webstore must be integrated with Google search console, meaning that all the changes must be forwarded to Google to adjust its’ index. In practice, that means, that as soon as an item/article is sold (since there is only 1 of each item) Google is informed to delete it from its’ index and vice versa; after import, the Google is immediately notified and adds the new articles to its’ index and search engine.
- Google must recognize that there are different language versions of the site and has to index them separately - correctly.
- the new webstore must support the responsive design and be adjusted for viewing on mobile devices, tablets and PCs
- Payment options, shipping options, e-mail notification and all other features implemented in current webstore have to be transferred and implemented in new webstore. The site is using “Weight based shipping”. There are 8 different regions and shipping costs defined, as for payment, enabled modules are PayPal, cash on delivery, bank transfer. Email notifications after part sales were implemented in the "Importer" script that synchronizes data between databases.
As much as the theme is concerned, it will be provided by us (we will buy the theme and do the desired design/graphic adjustments), but it will be your job to implement it and we’ll forward it to you as soon as we finish with it.
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
59 freelanceria on tarjonnut keskimäärin 663€ tähän työhön
Hello, We are well expeirenced in OPEN CART development and definitely do the fixes and updates as well Please come online and message me so that we can discuss in detail. Awaiting your quick reply!! Regards, Sonal