As this is the first major Intranet project we have embarked on we would sincerely appreciate any feedback from an IT/developer point of view in regards to amount of work/costs required for implementing these requirements. This will help us establish a suitable timeline of the implementation process as well the budget required.
1. A base intranet system built in Drupal,standard features will include:
- Integration of social media platforms.
- Ability to store and search through a large amount of documents
- A staff directory with profiles photos etc.
- Image and Video galleries
- Events calendar
- Address book
- A forum / Blog
- A templates area; logo, style guides, letterheads etc.
2. . A customizable 'drag and drop' homepage.
-This can include the users favorites like
- Town news
- Facebook and Twitter
- External feeds like weather and news
3. Sync internal calendars with the intranet.
4. An alert system that reminds the user of events, deadlines, holidays, new staff etc.
5. A chat system based on Facebook style chat with an alert of attendance.
6. An area for Skyping, this would save your Skyping contacts within the intranet.
7. An IT support ticketing system.
- When a staff member wants to request a change of thinks something is broken on their website, they need to start a ticket which is managed, if the correction is legitimate it’s then passed onto us to make a comment or fix the issue.
8. A moderation area
- When staff make changes to the website, notification is sent to a member of the staff who can check that the update is correct
9. ERP (Enterprise resource planning )
- Advance salary
- Exit permit
-To raise a complaint.
10. An HR area to advertise positions within the company, this area must contain the highest area of security.
11. A visible animated mini screen displaying occasions, circulars and delegations.
12. Forms and policies.
13. About (Mission, Vision, Values and objectives).