We have a simple Drupal 7 portal with a few custom modules. The portal is used to store the company’s products, manufacturing instructions and customer orders. The portal is not publicly accessible and no VPN will be provided. The company is an instrumentation company specializing in geotechnical applications.
When viewing a certain node type, we need a link somewhere near the breadcrumb for exporting the content of the node as a Spreadsheet following a pre-configured spreadsheet template. Similar to Printer Friendly links but with a custom code saving out a spreadsheet.
1) we need to find the proper template for the node type.
2) we need to find all the exportable values from the input node (being viewed) as a key-pair value
3) we load the spreadsheet template, replace every spreadsheet tokens with real values. The token is the key, so we need to find and replace the token by the value from the key-pair from #2
4) we serve the file in a xls format without saving it locally.
5) change the node template to add the save-spreadsheet link.
What is already existing and working on the portal:
* A node type already exist to hold the template xls file. A simple query can be used for step 1 above
* Giving a node ID to a function returns a CSV with every exportable key-pair values. The CSV has 4 columns only and is exactly what is needed on step 2 above, the key-pair values are usable as-is.
* A custom method to download a CSV file (from #1) with the right http headers with Drupal and PHP
We recommend using the phpexcel module but we are open to suggestions. The project will be handed off through github with the database dump readily available for the developer to start. The result will be giving back using github as a pull request.
More documents will be available once the candidate is selected.
When bidding, please describes at a very high level how you will approach the project and the milestones you need.