Our website uses a legacy system for content management and we want to replace it completely with a new Wiki-like system written in PHP. In the first phase we upgrade the Songbook section containing song lyrics, interpretations, guitar chords, tablatures etc. ([url removed, login to view])
Your task is to build a new system from scratch in a modern PHP framework (preferably Laravel).
Use of existing modules (open-source or commercial) is highly recommended.
Functionality of the system:
- Every logged user should be able to submit new text content (lyrics) and make corrections/updates to existing content, very much like in a traditional Wiki system
- All new submissions and corrections are validated by the user community and moderators
- Users can post comments on new submissions and vote to approve / reject them
- System should keep track of all modifications
- Users should be able to compare different revisions and see the differences (diff)
- Users receive "karma points" for their contributions
- Each song has a title, band, lyrics content (text) and several additional metadata fields like difficulty, strumming pattern, album, year, etc.
- There can be multiple interpretations of the same song
- Each song can have multiple youtube videos (links) associated with it
- Users should be able to add comments and rank the lyrics
- System should automatially extract guitar chords from the text
- Existing content has to be migrated to new database
- The new system should be partially integrated with existing legacy system (user accounts)
- The website needs to be SEO-friendly, this includes adding handlers for legacy URLs to preserve facebook likes etc.
- Multilingual support (all the localized messages in external files)
- Optimized for high performance (cache)
- Search functionality with autocomplete
- Admin panel with statistics
- Email notifications
You need to have proven experience with delivering projects of similar size.
If you need more information to place your bid please don't hesitate to contact me.