Important: please only bid if
1) you are the person who will be doing the project (so teams can NOT bid)
2) you have created wordpress plugins before
3) you have read the whole description and you will reply with the word TULIP in your bid
I need you to build a WordPress plugin that uses our PDFmyURL batch API to allow wordpress webmasters to create a PDF of selected pages of their site. The plugin should work in the following way:
1) the WP admin chooses the pages of his websites to convert
2) he selects options
3) he then starts the conversion process and the plugin will then fire the API;
4) when the batch job is being processed a status update is shown in the dashboard and it should be possible to notify the admin upon completion (there's an option to allow an email address to be filled in)
5) upon completion the PDF is then downloaded to the wordpress server (if this option is specified)
We've already written a PHP class that does the communication with our batch API. This class does the following:
- start a batch job with the options specified
- monitor a batch job
- download the batch job result to a location on your server
Therefore the majority of your work is to allow the admin to select the pages/posts from the blog and specify options. There are quite a few options that need to be possible - please check [url removed, login to view] for an overview. These options should be laid out in a user friendly way - for example in tabs or separate pages of the plugin. Most of these options are very straightforward and hardly require any coding.
The most important piece here is user friendliness. You should be able to think like an end user and how an end user would like to use this.
Besides the options in the API and the pages that should be chosen, the admin should also be able to:
- add an email address for notification (optional)
- add a location where the PDF should be stored (optional, otherwise he/she will need to download the PDF from our server)
- specify which parts of the page/post he wants to PDF - this option should allow admins to hide the header/footer/side bar and such. This can be achieved via a simple PHP code that we'll provide.
Thank you for your attention. If this project is completed successfully then we'll want to work with you on another plugin that is very similar to this one.
16 freelancers are bidding on average $326 for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks