We need a custom Wordpress plugin built that will display a list of books. Details below:
Time frame: 2 weeks
Deliverable: Wordpress plugin in .zip format
- Build a custom Wordpress plugin to display a searchable list of books.
- We already have a website that does this, but need to rebuild it for our Wordpress site.
- A wireframe of the front-end view is attached
2. Add Custom Post Types
- We need two custom post types: Books and Publishers
- Books will contain the list of books, one entry for each book. Needs to allow Categories and Tags.
- Publishers will contain a list of publishers. These do not need categories.
3. Add custom fields for Publishers
- Need a custom URL field for Publishers
4. Add custom fields for Books
- See attachment for all custom fields.
5. For custom fields, would recommend using ACF which can be included in the plugin: [login to view URL]
- We can purchase the Pro version
6. Admin pages for Publishers and Books
- Administrators will need to be able to add, edit, delete both Books and Publishers from admin section
7. Shortcode for front-end
- Create a shortcode to embed the book list on the website: [rrbooklist]
* Shortcode display and features (the following items all refer to the display of the shortcode)
8. General Search field
- First element is a text field and 'Search' button. This will search any fields for 'Books' and return the results.
9. Advanced Search
- A text label with down arrow icon, clicking this will open a section with advanced search fields
- See attachment for fields in this section
10. Book list table
- Under the search fields is a table listing the books
- see attachment for columns to include
- When page first loads it will show all available books
11. Datatables: [login to view URL]
- The table will use datatables plugin for some display features
- Alternate row colors: use datatable styles for header and row styling
- Pagination: use datatables for pagination (3 elements: Show 'x' Entries, Showing x of x entries, Previous/Next pagination) Default to show 100 entries.
- Sorting: Clicking a column header will sort by that column
- Responsive: this is used to hide columns when they don't fit on the screen. The first column will have an 'expand' icon to show the hidden data. Documentation: [login to view URL]
- Above the book list table add button for Copy, CSV, Excel, PDF, Print
- These are part of the datatables plugin here: [login to view URL]
- Copy, PDF, Print, CSV and Excel: the generated file (or printed doc) should only include the current search results. (ie. If user selected "New Books" in search, then only New Books are in the downloaded file)
- Visible columns: For export/print include the columns in the attached list
- Admin will need a feature to import the book list by uploading a file
- Format is up to you, probably CSV is best
- Need an 'Import' page on admin side with these options:
a. example download: click to download an example CSV file used as a template for uploads
b. file upload field: to upload the CSV file
c. Append or Replace: Admin chooses if the upload will replace all books, or add to the existing one. (if 'replace' then existing books should be marked as 'deleted')
d. Import file will need to have all available book fields, including publishers
14. Book Detail Page
- Clicking the title of a book in the table opens a 'detail' page with all info about the book
- This page also has comment/rating form (see below)
15. Comments and Rating
- Users can add comments and a star rating to each book (out of 5 stars)
- These ratings/comments will be visible on the book details page
- Add a new column to book table 'rating' which shows average of ratings. ie. 4.2
- admin can edit/delete these
- Can use 3rd party plugin for this, doesn't need to be part of this plugin